You are probably on this page because you have questions about selling antiques, art, jewelry, an estate, or other items. Some of those questions might be:
How do I sell my antiques?
There are many ways to sell your antiques.
- List them for sale on eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and other online platforms.
- Open a booth in an antique mall or open your own antique shop.
- Sell directly to a dealer.
- You can hire a professional auction house.
How do I sell my parents estate? Grand parents estate?
- Conduct an estate sale.
- Hire an estate sale company to do the sale for you.
- Hire an auction company to sell your estate.
- Sell the estate to an estate liquidator.
Should I sell my antiques online?
Online sales can bring in a much larger buying audience but there are many obstacles to success.
- Do you know how to write accurate descriptions?
- Can you take high quality photos?
- Is your time important to you?
- What payment options do you have?
- Have you shipped items across the country before?
- Will you reach the right buyers?
Hiring a professional auctioneer who understands the market, the buyers, and knows how to reach those buyers is important to maximizing your return.
Should I sell my antiques to a dealer?
Selling directly to a dealer can be the most simple answer. Find someone who is willing and able to purchase your items, negotiate a price, and the process is finished.
Selling to a dealer can be fast but it can cost you thousands of dollars. Competitive bidding, from multiple parties, will achieve higher sales amounts.
How much are my antiques worth? How much is my jewelry worth? How much is my artwork worth? How much is my estate worth?
This is by far the most asked question we get. Value for antiques and estate items can vary wildly.
- Where are the items located?
- What condition are the items in?
- Is there demand for the items you have to sell?
- Do you want to insure or sell your items?
There is rarely one right answer. Talking to a professional before you sell is highly recommended. Once you sell an item it is gone forever.
Your family’s legacy has been established over generations. The task of liquidating your estate, or antique collection, should be entrusted to professionals.
The KC Auction and Appraisal Company understands the risks, challenges, and demands of such a task and is ready to put our decades of experience to work for you.
We start with a conversation because every situation is unique. What works for you might not work for your neighbor.
When both parties decide to proceed, we will work on logistics and scheduling of your auction. We understand and use 21st Century technology to garner hundreds of thousands of website views every month, because of this we consistently achieve higher prices than our competition. Understanding our database of more than 10,000 bidders ensures effective results for your family.
We facilitate all aspects of your auction, as needed:
- Moving items
- Professional quality photography
- Researching items’ backgrounds
- Producing market-ready details
- Provenance confirmation
- Detail-oriented catalog production
- Processing bids
- Payment resolutions
- Shipping items to their new owners
- Provide settlement to you
Promotion of your auction:
- Auction catalog creation
- Ad creation for your auction
- Specialized marketing for specific categories
- Social Media campaigns on appropriate platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Etc.)
- Inclusion in online auction calendar websites
- Emails to our previous buyers
- Artificial Intelligence to match current offerings to existing customers
- Direct outreach to museums, collectors, and galleries
- Open houses/inspection periods for potential buyers
Don’t hesitate! Contact us and let us help you!